Title: Simple Things
Author: Kade Boehme
Publisher: Self Published
Release Date: March 28th 2016
Genre(s): Contemporary Romance
Page Count: 108 pages
Reviewed by: Lili
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Carter Darling’s life has been a whirlwind since his mother was elected to senate when he was a teen. From private school to joining the military, he tried to make his own path while making as few ripples as possible. But an injury forced him to figure out new goals for his life. After his parents are involved a sex scandal, he decides to go back home to Tennessee to get some distance and out of the madness.
He didn’t figure on Jeremy Beck returning at the same time.
Jeremy’s finally past the rich boy angst that made for some dramatic teenage years, but he hasn’t earned back much respect from his parents playing in an indie band. Now, his band’s on hiatus and Jeremy’s looking for space from his unhealthy non-relationship with a band-mate so returning home to figure out his next step seemed like the way to go.
Their initial reunion is awkward, Carter still hurt by their last meeting and Jeremy trying to convince himself Carter’s still just his sister’s closeted little friend. But when they open up to one another again and decide a staycation fling will be a nice distraction, they may get more than they bargain for.
For two guys who’ve had so much drama in their lives, it’s surprising to find that sometimes love is found in the simple things, simple times. Who knew?
Omg, this book was flufforable! And don’t let me forget to mention:
Best friend’s brother ✔
Friends to lovers ✔
Two of my favorite tropes to read and the delivery will have you swooning and smiling like an idiot!♥
Growing up Carter always harbored a secret crush on Jeremy, but as they grew older, Jeremy distanced himself and began to spiral out of control. But it was an encounter with Carter that helped clean him up. Fast forward years later and the two men meet again where it all began while they both find themselves at a crossroads in their lives.
· Carter. #1- he’s a ginger! And he’s just adorable. He’s got this big heart and a great personality.
· Jeremy. Who doesn’t love a bad boy and wishes they could be the one to help him heal?
· The plot. Nice little slice of life story. There’s no unnecessary drama or evil villain that pops out of nowhere. It’s two men who help each other heal and fall in love. And you know what- sometimes simple story lines are the hardest stories to write.
· Steam was hawt- but it’s Kade so no surprise there.
· Dual POV.
· The pace of the story was effortless. Flowed like buttah!
· And the epilogue—> super sweet
I can’t recommend this one enough, guys! If you love sexy, low angst, feel-good stories go 1- click this book right away! 5 Stars!