It’s been a long time since I asked you to tell us what you loved best about the site and what you would like us to change. I admit I’ve been very afraid to open this can of worms because it usually means a lot of work for poor Christian and Aunt Lynn if it involves technology changes. Christian has been making improvements as small issues were identified so hopefully, most of the recommendations for changes will be on me.
First up, what are the features you love best on the site?
1. Book Reviews (I hope that’s your #1 since this is a review site and the guest reviewers work very hard on your behalf) 🙂
2. Movie Reviews (We haven’t had movie reviews recently – the reason being that the reviewers can’t find any films worth reviewing so if you have recommendations please list them here. You should check the list of movies that have already been reviewed before making your recommendations.)
3. Author Interviews
4. Author Profiles (these are like interviews except I don’t ask the questions, you do)
5. Free Books
6. Guest Bloggers
7. Author Contributors
8. Special Posts for Readers such as Diverse Books, Readers Favourite Gay Books, Nominations for Favourite M/M Author, etc.
9. Fun Posts (e.g. Burning ‘Gay’ Questions) :blush:
10. Friday Guys
11. For Love of Books Interviews (I do these interviews with readers a couple times a year to find out what they love about books).
12. Holiday Smileys (Christian installs them at Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter or whenever he damn well pleases – I love them). 🙂
I’m sure I forgot some of our featured posts but this should cover most of them. 🙂 Here’s the poll – you can choose as many categories as you wish. The more the merrier.
Which features do you love best on the site?
- Book Reviews (17%, 143 Votes)
- Movie Reviews (3%, 28 Votes)
- Author Interviews (11%, 87 Votes)
- Author Profiles (7%, 56 Votes)
- Free Books (9%, 76 Votes)
- Guest Bloggers (9%, 70 Votes)
- Author Contributors (8%, 65 Votes)
- Special Posts for Readers (7%, 61 Votes)
- Fun Posts (9%, 76 Votes)
- Friday Guys (10%, 81 Votes)
- For Love of Books Interviews (4%, 34 Votes)
- Holiday Smileys (5%, 43 Votes)
Total Voters: 147
What are some of the features that you would like to change or delete? Sorry, the Friday Guys say they are not leaving. 🙂
Are there things on the site you can’t find that you would like Christian to highlight/rearrange? (Poor Christian)
Are there topics you would like us to tackle – something new, perhaps? I probably won’t be able to do “Ripped from the Headlines” types of posts but I’m willing to consider others.
I’m thinking of interviewing a few readers – would this interest you?
Aunt Lynn came up with what I think is a wonderful idea. If you have won a free book what do you think of writing a quickie review giving other readers your impressions of the book (s)? All you would have to do is write the review and submit it to Aunt Lynn who will format it (she’ll send you a short guideline if you’re interested). Update from Lynn: note that this would be completely voluntary on the part of the winner and not a requirement of winning.
Give us your ideas so that we can make the site easier to navigate and the content what you would like – this is your site and home away from home. 🙂